Take your daily smoothies to another level: add oat flakes and lose weight, gain energy and improve intestinal health
Believe it or not what we could consider a simple glass of milkshakehide a immense nutritional power; especially when the right ingredients are used. Not in vain in recent years smoothies have been considered one of the more powerful tools of diverse health and nutrition trends In a matter of a minute we can gather in a single drink the immense potential of various fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, cereals and spices, which shine for their therapeutic properties.
Probably one of the main disadvantages of smoothie consumption for many people, be it their low satiating power. So it is quite normal that an hour or two later of ingesting a morning smoothie, stomach starts to growl and let’s experiment very hungry. The good news is that there is a secret recommended by doctors and nutritionists, which will take the nutritional and satiating power of the shakes to another level: add rolled oats.
The truth is that it has diverse studies of great relevance, which have shown that the diets rich in whole grains They are a great support reduction of body weight and reduction of inflammation. It is great advantages medicinal products are due to the fact that this type of cereals provide a large dose of vegetable protein and fiberin such a way that they intervene positively in satiety and they are also very useful for balance blood sugar levelsimportant health aspects for lose weight more effectively.
The benefits of adding oats in smoothies:
- Los oatmeal They are a great source of slow-digesting carbohydrates, fiber and proteinin such a way that they provide a great satiating power and it is also a composition that contributes quality energy for the organism.
- You will increase your daily fiber intake. Oat flakes are perfect to meet the daily fiber requirements, especially they are rich in beta-glucans that relate to big benefits for improve cardiovascular health and regulate the high cholesterol levels in the organism. This type of dietary fiber is also the best ally for promote a good digestive processsince it is a plant polysaccharide who has the important task of regulate digestionimprove the absorption of nutrients and feed the intestinal flora.
- It has A study which proves the benefits of eat oatmeal dailyto reduce the symptoms of diabetes and obesity. Although there are several qualities in its composition that promote weight lossas its content in slow absorbing carbohydrates and his low glycemic index; his contribution to beta-glucans, phenolic compounds and antioxidantsalso intervene favorably.
- Whole oats are rich in antioxidants y plant compounds beneficial, called polyphenols and within which call special attention the endorsement ramidas, which are found exclusively in oats. It has been proven that these substances are of great help to rreduce blood pressure levels by increasing nitric oxide production. This gas molecule helps dilate blood vessels and leads to a better blood flow. At the same time they are related to great anti-inflammatory properties.
- Another of the great nutritional qualities of oats is related to its content in omega-3 and linoleic fatty acidswhich are considered healthy fat and? promote the functioning of the heart and brain. Also its high content in B complex vitaminsit is very helpful for protect and balance The nervous system and its main functions.
How to add oats in smoothies?
It is well known that the oats It’s one of the most versatile cereals that exist, is accessible, generous and truly easy to consume. Know the steps to integrate it successfully in your everyday shakes:
- The first step is soak for a few hours, in abundant fresh water the oat flakes (the recommended amount is between 1/4 and 1/2 cup). This step helps make the cereal more manageable and digestible.
- Once the rest time has passed, you should strain it and add it to a small pot with a little boiling water or milkif you want add a fresh cinnamon stick
- kitchen by 2-3 minutes on very low heat. The oats will be ready to integrate into your smoothies.
- Add the oat flakes in the blenderprocess until a kind of pasta and proceeds gradually integrating the rest of the smoothie ingredients. Blend until well combined and form a smooth, smooth drink.
- Recommendation: Try to create balanced combinations which includes a portion of fruitsome green leafy vegetables, nuts or some seedand of course don’t forget to integrate some medicinal spice as ginger, turmeric, cinnamon or cardamom.
The result of adding oats is a shake much thicker and full of fiber, which will keep you satisfied until lunch. It is also a great option snack, healthy dessert and light dinner. Enjoy creating delicious combinationswhile protecting your health.